On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 10:45:00AM -0700, Robert Leatherwood wrote:
> I was trying to update the readline-4.3 package to include the readline
> patches. So, I updated the readline.info file to grab the patches from GNU's
> FTP site:
>
> Source: ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/%n/%n-%v.tar.gz
>
> When I run fink, fink attempts to download from fink's GNU mirror sites not
> GNU's site and since the patches do not exist on Fink's GNU mirrors, the
> download fails. For kicks I renamed the source command URL to
> http://gnu/.... and it did the same thing. Looks like there is a BUG in Fink
> that when it finds gnu anywhere in the URL, it defaults to Fink's GNU
> mirrors.

What happens when you use a site other than GNU? (i.e., is this a
parsing error with ...gnu... URLs or something where fink thinks
*everything* is a GNU-mirrored thing?)

What are your fink mirror settings (set by 'fink configure' and stored
in /sw/etc/fink.conf)? Are you perhaps configured to use fink-mirrors
before the main sites?

> I am running from the unstable tree using the latest Fink 20.5 (I
> believe) on Mac OS X 10.3

If the above does not help, we need exact and definite info about
versions, your configuration, what URLs it is accessing, etc.

dan

--
Daniel Macks
[EMAIL PROTECTED]