There have been a number of problems reported on the lists recently with system-tetex, having to do with a missing libkpathsea.a file. Apparently, some parts of teTeX in Gerben Weirda's distribution (including this file) have been moved into a separate "developer extras" installation in his system.

I have made a new version of system-tetex which attempts to give better advice to users, and put it in my experimental directory. Since I'm *not* a user of Weirda's distribution, this is hard for me to test. So I would appreciate it if some of those users would test this and get back to me. Thorough testing would involve trying to install system-tetex when Weirda's basic teTeX installation had been done but the developer extras hadn't been installed.

Thanks for your help.

  -- Dave