David R. Morrison wrote:
[]
At the moment, your previous "new version" of pathsetup is scheduled to appear in fink-0.21.0, which will be included in the 0.7.1 binary distribution; for that distribution, I was intending to use the "old version" for the installer.

So the installer would use its own private copy, the same as goes into pathsetup.app, not the one it just installed in /sw/bin? This is OK.

The main mechanism is identical, anyway, only the technique used for the user dialog is different.