On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 08:42:33AM +0200, Martin Costabel wrote:
> Martin Costabel wrote:
> []
> >The real test with BuildDepends will have to wait until I have finished
> >reconstructing my X11 installation :(
>
> OK, thanks to rsync and a fast DSL connection, this was not too painful..

Oo, sorry about that.

> Next try: Moved /usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xlib.h away. This removes
> x11-dev, but leaves everything else there, in particular
> system-xfree86-dev. From fink-virtual-pkgs:
>
> >Package: system-xfree86-dev
> >Version: 2:4.3-2
> >provides: libgl-dev, xft2-dev, fontconfig1-dev

*Ick*. The goal was to have virtual things always be present in the
PDB, but not marked "installed" if their file checks failed. Looks
like we are not catching partially-installed X11* packages, since we
did not account for having multiple independent (may be present or
not, and so may be Provides or not) pkgs for a single virtual
package. RangerRick: maybe we should put the not-found packages as
provides of some new "system-free86-that-you-must-install-manually"
package (which behaves the New Way that the other virtuals do)?

dan

--
Daniel Macks
[EMAIL PROTECTED]