Koen van der Drift wrote:

Yes I thought about that too, but whatever is in the InstallScript gets executed before what is in Files. So if I put some code in InstallScript to move the *.h files, I get an error because they are not there yet.

Any other ideas?

Move them in the InstallScript of the parent package and list them in the Files field of the splitoff, e.g:

Append what you now have in the InstallScript of %N-dev to the main InstallScript, plus

  cp include/*.h %i/include/EMBOSS

and then have

  include/EMBOSS

in the Files field of %N-dev, no InstallScript.