On Aug 21, 2004, at 9:35 PM, Martin Costabel wrote:

Martin Costabel wrote:

ããã ãããã wrote:
[]
ld: Undefined symbols:
Array<double>::transpose() const
[]
Failed: compiling octave-2.1.57-3 failed

Paul, I think I have narrowed this down to a difference between the compilers from Xcode-1.2 and from Xcode-1.5.
Martin,

Yes _ I can confirm that (apparently) the same problem arose here, as I already mentioned to you,
with the sequence singular-factory singular-libfac macaulay2 (build 1666 of /usr/libexec/gcc/darwin/ppc/3.3/cc1plus),
and that it disappears with your build 1640...
Further test results tomorrow probably.

To nail the thing down, it is important that other people test this too _ since it seems maybe
hardware dependent: as Dave Morrisson told us, he didn't have that trouble with macaulay2
on a G5 (and XCode1.5)....

Best,

JF