Martin Costabel wrote:
[]
(3) The problems with octave, singular-libfac and others that cannot be built with Apple's latest g++-3.3 are too fresh in the discussion to have to be recalled, but they are real and urgent problems that have to be solved.

From having a quick look over the #fink logs, I see that not everybody seems to have followed this discussion. There is a thread on the darwin-development list that explains this more, in particular
http://lists.apple.com/mhonarc/darwin-development/msg21394.html
(you need username: archives, password: archives to get at this).

And yes, there *is* a Radar bug filed over this, and it has even been declared a duplicate, so it must have been reported before.

For anyone who wants to have a go at this, I'll also attach my test case here, because the attachment got removed from the darwin-development message.