On Sat, Sep 18, 2004 at 07:22:32PM +1000, Jeremy Higgs wrote:

> On a side note, is there any problem with having one ettercap info file
> that supports the -ssl and -gtk variants? I was under the impression
> that SSL stuff had to be kept under the crypto section, but haven't
> been following development for quite a while, so I don't know if the
> situation has changed.

That is still the situation.

> Can anyone shed some light on that? It would be
> nice to just have one package description file for all four variants...

You could use the same .info template with variants/etc., but instead
of a single file with both -ssl options:
  Type: -ssl (boolean)
clone the file and have each hard-code the desired -ssl value. So the
crypto tree would have a .info with:
  Type: -ssl (-ssl)
(or even just "Type: -ssl") and the non-crypto tree would have:
  Type: -ssl (.)

dan

--
Daniel Macks