OpenLDAP supports a variety of back end databases. One of them is "ldbm". When put in slapd.conf that I want to use "ldbm", I get: Unrecognized database type (ldbm)

I did some internet searching and I suspect this has to do with the options set when compiling. I'm a newbie to "make" and "apt-get" and "dpkg" so I don't know how to solve this one through fink.

I've attempted to send this problem to the maintainer of openldap-ssl, Matt Stephenson, however both his email addresses I've found aren't working: [EMAIL PROTECTED] and [EMAIL PROTECTED] Can someone tell me how to reach him?

~ David Smiley
  MITRE