On Jan 8, 2005, at 9:39 AM, Martin Costabel wrote:

I have been using the freetype2-2.1.9-1 package from neeri's exp dir for quite some time without problems. For all my purposes it was backward compatible with 2.1.3 (i.e. things compiled with the old library continue to run with the new one, and everything builds against the new version without problem).

Thanks for the endorsement!

Is there any objection against upgrading the freetype2 package to this version?

There are two issues that I know of:

- The handling of the pkgconfig files (which were new in 2.1.9) was not quite correct yet in the version in my experimental CVS. I've just updated that to 2.1.9-2
- I didn't do the corresponding -hinting packages yet, although I suppose that should not be all that hard.

I'll try to get a freetype2-hinting in my experimental dir by tomorrow, so if Jeffrey agrees, we might be able to release an upgrade sometimes next week.

Matthias