On Sat, Jan 08, 2005 at 10:06:25AM -0500, Benjamin Reed wrote:
> Benjamin Reed wrote:
>
> >>disco-volante:/sw/fink/dists/local/rangerrick/common/main/finkinfo/devel
> >>ranger$ fink remove fink-buildlock-distcc-2.18.3-1
> >>Information about 4465 packages read in 7 seconds.
> >>Failed: no package specified for command 'remove'!
>
> On closer look, that package wasn't even installed... I wonder if the
> only issue is that the error message was printed even if the buildlock
> package got removed properly...

Could be. I know that it's very difficult to deal with every buildlock
failure cleanly and automatically because there are so many different
ways it could fail. The exit code from dpkg doesn't seem so useful.
Current approach is to try to *never* leave stray locks, but that
means sometimes we wind up trying to remove a "stray lock" that isn't
present. I can work on some of these corner cases, but I need to know
the specifics...would need to see the complete build transcript.

> Should be easy enough to replicate, just have a package that fails
> CompileScript.

I just did this and the buildlock is removed cleanly and then no
message is printed about the user needing to remove the buildlock
manually.

dan

--
Daniel Macks