I had previously MirrorOrder: ClosestFirst, but I tried MasterLast and I have the same result (with different mirror order).

axel --verbose -o ldp.dsl-1.12 http://tldp.org/authors/tools/ldp.dsl
Initializing download: -o

### execution of axel failed, exit code 10
Downloading the file "ldp.dsl-1.12" failed.

(Pretty sure this one failed because of the suffix on the file name -1.12)

I will try the manual download Michèle suggests and post the results.

--Thanks, Robert