Martin Costabel wrote:
> Anthony DeRobertis wrote:
> []
>
>> I'm rather curios why you'd want a IneheritedBuildDepends instead of
>> just fixing the Depends handling --- because, currently, the
>> installed gtk+2-dev is very much broken[0], and
>> IneheritedBuildDepends (guessing from the name) won't fix that.
>

> There is nothing broken if the advice in the description

Unless, of course, you're building software not packaged for fink.

And even for fink, it is broken: What happens when gtk+-2 adds a new
dependency? You have to change a lot of source packages. Forget one, you
get weird bugs (like the ethereal one, which was first noticed over a
year ago).

>>  Any package which BuildDepends on this one must also BuildDepend on:
>>  atk1 (>= 1.6.0-1), glib2-dev (>= 2.4.0-1), pango1-xft2-dev (>= 1.4.0-1)
>

> is followed. The only problem is that this has do be done manually and
> is not done automatically. InheritedBuildDepends would be a method to do
>  it automatically.

No, that doesn't solve the non-Fink software problem. You still have a
package installed that, due to non-declared dependencies, is broken.

> I don't know, I have them all on my hard disk :-)

If you happen to have a subject & date, I'll track it down. Message-ID
might help too. Thank you in advance!