Benjamin Reed wrote:
Martin Costabel wrote:

My question: What is planned for qt3 in 10.4/stable? In 10.3/stable, the argument against having qt3-3.3.x (needed by scribus-1.2.1) was that the kde version in stable needed the older qt3 version 3.2.2. Now kde has not yet been put into 10.4-transitional/stable, and I would like to suggest not to copy the old version 3.1 from 10.3/stable to 10.4-transitional/stable, but rather the version 3.4 from unstable, if at all.

That's fine by me, I plan on moving KDE 3.4 Any Minute Now (read: as soon as I have free time to try to double-check new dependencies) to stable. It's not perfect, but it's good enough, and beats the hell out of 3.1.

Feel free to do what you need to get scribus happy.

OK, I did this now (fingers crossed): I copied scribus to stable, copied also qt3 from unstable to stable.

I did not remove the cups-dev dependencies, but rather castrated the cups-dev package, both in stable and unstable. It is now a dummy. I left the operation scars in the info file, but IIUC there will soon be a cups-dev virtual package in fink anyway, so that the cups-dev.info file can then be removed completely.