At 12:06 -0400 30/5/05, Chris Zubrzycki wrote:

No, I talked to Dave on irc about this, and we realized the problem was that the version of fink that knows about 10.4 never made it into 10.3/stable. Only the unstable distribution had this, so even though you did a selfupdate, that fink would never know to change the distribution line.

To avoid such problems in the future, I wonder if fink could be made smart enough to recognize when it is installed on an OS version that is newer than it knows how to deal with. It could then post a message like "This version of fink is too old for this operating system, and it is not possible to use fink self-update. Please visit the Fink web site at http://fink..... for instructions to fix the problem."

Kevin Horton