On Jun 14, 2005, at 15:05, William Scott wrote:

Thank you for the fink build reports. It caught several dependency omissions that I have made in my packages. I am now on the problems that aren't easy to fix.

Glad you're finding it useful.

May I ask a (hopefully) quick question for clarification?

Sure!

<SNIP>
g++ -c -I.. -DUSE_EXCEPTIONS   -O3 -g AtomChargeSet.cc
../MEAD/ManyPointCharge.h: In function 'ManyPointCharge* addChargeDist(const T&, const OnePointCharge&)': ../MEAD/ManyPointCharge.h:64: error: invalid use of undefined type 'const struct OnePointCharge' ../MEAD/ManyPointCharge.h:8: error: forward declaration of 'const struct OnePointCharge' ../MEAD/ManyPointCharge.h:71: error: invalid use of undefined type 'const struct OnePointCharge' ../MEAD/ManyPointCharge.h:8: error: forward declaration of 'const struct OnePointCharge'
make[1]: *** [AtomChargeSet.o] Error 1

<SNIP>

Is what you have built from g++4.0 (and is this in fact what you are testing)?

Correct, I've taken steps in my builds to make everything use 4.0, even the things which really want to use 3.3.

Changing the libmead/ManyPointCharge.h:8
    class OnePointCharge;
to:
    #include "OnePointCharge.h"
solves the issue, and should be safe for 3.3 as well.