As some of you might know, NASA has released thru their Open Source license the
World Wind project, which gives you browsing and exploration capabilities to
terabytes and terabytes of detailed GIS information and spectacular imagery:

http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/

Unfortunately, it seems their resources are limited and the only platform
currently available is Windoze. From that project FAQ:

> Mac and linux ports?
>
> Since this is open-source, we encourage any OSX programmers to start a port
> and we will try our best to provide
> whatever resources we can towards the effort. Right now our development staff
> consists of one programmer and
> one graphics designer, but we are an ambitious duo so we will do our very
> best to please everyone.

Would someone be interested in starting/managing a Fink port of World Wind?
This sounds like something in the  Really Cool department.

John Courcoul