Hello all.
  I have a user on tiger who is getting the following error trying to build
octave-forge:

checking for ANSI C header files... rm: conftest: is a directory
rm: conftest: is a directory
rm: conftest: is a directory
rm: conftest: is a directory

  This happens in multiple places, and then when the build starts none of
the libraries were actually found.
  I can't replicate the problem (but I don't have Tiger, so that's no
surprise).
  I googled around looking for clues, but the only thing I could find were
references to using an old version of f77 on NetBSD on non-i386 machines.

  I'm confuzzled.

  Does anyone know what might be causing this?

crh