On Jul 11, 2005, at 2:03 AM, Daniel Macks wrote:

One solution is to
create a final old-name-2.0-1:Depends:new-name(>=2.0-1) but is
Type:bundle and has a Description noting that it's just a upgrade
compatibility game. That way his old old-name will be out-of-date, and
when he upgrades it he will get he'll get the new one.

That sounds like a good plan. If I use Type: bundle, how do I add the variants, so that the user can define the python version she wants to use?

thanks,

- Koen.