On Sat, Jul 30, 2005 at 08:59:40AM -0400, Dave Vasilevsky wrote:

> On Jul 30, 2005, at 7:21 AM, Max Horn wrote:
> >Fink is not (!) supposed to be a test-bed for an unreleased
> >compiler. It is easy enough to  build gcc from cvs.
>
> Yes, exactly. Fink is a distribution, not a testing system. There's
> no reason that fink (lowercase, the package manager) can't be used
> for testing, if that's useful to you, but in that case you should put
> the .info/patch files in experimental or your own private distribution.

I agree with Max here (may as well make it a unanimous core position).
There are a few places where we do package beta-release or
release-candidate versions, "unofficially-patched" forms or even CVS
snapshots, but these are for packages where this version has critical
new features or bugfixes.

dan

--
Daniel Macks