Corey Halpin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On 2005-08-09, Daniel Macks wrote:
>> How do these efforts complement or overlap with the muttng package
>> loitering in the submissions queue:
>>
>> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=17203&atid=414256&func=detail&aid=1227723
>
>   This .info is for the mutt from mutt.org, not from the forked version at
> http://mutt-ng.berlios.de/.  So I don't think there's a lot of overlap,
> since these are distinct (but related) programs.
>
>   I'd think that it would be worthwhile for fink to provide a more recent
> version of the mutt.org mutt as well as mutt-ng.  At least until mutt-ng
> Takes Over The World.

(strange, I posted a reply to this thread a few days ago but it never
showed up. Silly gmane gateway).

Full disclosure: I'm one of the lead developers for mutt (not
mutt-ng). Muttng is an unstable package:

https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/mutt-ng-devel/2005-August/000897.html

(not to mention development there seems to have stalled. I'd probably
wait a bit longer before betting on muttng.)

So it would definitely be worthwhile to have mutt 1.5.9 available. I'd
also be willing to maintain the package. I'm no fink expert, but I've
packaged a few things, and I do know mutt awfully well. My primary
environment is OS X too.