Hanspeter Niederstrasser wrote:
Doug Ransom wrote:

I am trying to create a fink package.  Where I am confused is on
permissions of the SW folder as I am new to Darwin &  mac. I
installed fink as admin.  This is what the file permissions look
like:

[snip][snip]

You don't need to reinstall fink as 'doug' as long as 'doug' can use the sudo command (eg is an Administrator). Then you can edit the your working files as doug and to test an install, just use 'sudo fink blah blah'.

.02 cents:

I thought that fink always uses sudo so there's no need to ask for it.

Also, couldn't Doug just use 'sudo pico xxx.info' and then not have to change permissions on /sw?