On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 02:34:57PM +0000, Rogue wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 08:55:39 -0500
> "Alexander K. Hansen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > > anyway the issue in my case was pango1-xft2-dev that wasn't
> > > installed. I have no idea how that could have happened since
> > > it's a dependency for gtk+2 but here you go.
> >
> > It's a _build_ dependency for gtk+2, so it can be freely removed after
> > gtk+2 is installed.
> >
> > This means that whatever package you're working on needs to require
> > pango1-xft2-dev as a build dependency.
>
> I don't think that' the case.

It's easy enough to try this instead of assuming. 'fink show-deps
gtk+2' and see where pango1-xft2-dev is listed. Except in a few
legacy/compatibility circumstances, no -dev is ever a dependency of
anything ever.

> simply running
>
> $ pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0
>
> at the command line returns:
>
> Package pangoxft was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `pangoxft.pc'
> Package 'pangoxft', required by 'GDK', not found

Right. As the message tells you, it is pango1-xft2-dev that is
missing; gtk+2-dev was found.

> reinstalling the pango-dev package sorts out both pkg-config output
> and gtk+2 test program.
>
> I will add the dep for good measure but I remain unconvinced.

It didn't work, and then you manually added something and now it
works? What more proof could you possibly want that you need to list
this something as one of your dependencies?

dan

--
Daniel Macks
[EMAIL PROTECTED]