I've also a package sitting in the tracker for a long time:

<https://sourceforge.net/tracker/? func=detail&aid=1306087&group_id=17203&atid=414256>

It is an update for the new upstream version of IPython (<http:// ipython.scipy.org/>) that has been in the Fink distribution for a long time. I've been using this new version on a daily basis since last August and I'm pretty sure it works without problems.

Regarding the discussion occurred here, I agree that a bigger number of trusted developer (i.e. developer with CVS access) could be the solution. The mentor-metee mechanism should be the way to go, giving the chance to people that want to get more involved in the Fink project to get the knowledge they need.

Just my 2 cents...
 Andrea