On Nov 9, 2005, at 9:51 PM, Trevor Harmon wrote:

Unfortunately, I don't know of any such tool for Java packages, which is what I've mainly been submitting to Fink. Same problem with Perl, Python, and so on. Anybody know of otool equivalents for these languages?

More good advice for finding dependencies: look at other projects and see what they did. Check what Debian lists as dependencies, check darwinports, check BSD ports, check RedHat RPMs, etc. If they have a dependency listed and you don't, first see if Apple provides that dependency with the OS. If not, make sure to satisfy it in your .info file.

These urls allow you to browse the dependency list for any package provided by their respective systems:
  Debian:
    http://www.us.debian.org/distrib/packages#search_packages
  DarwinPorts:
    http://darwinports.opendarwin.org/
  BSD ports:
    http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi
  RPM:
    http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php

Chris
--
Chris Dolan, Software Developer, Clotho Advanced Media Inc.
608-294-7900, fax 294-7025, 1435 E Main St, Madison WI 53703

Clotho Advanced Media, Inc. - Creators of MediaLandscape Software (http://www.media-landscape.com/) and partners in the revolutionary Croquet project (http://www.opencroquet.org/)