On Nov 27, 2005, at 1:51 AM, Max Horn wrote:

Hi folks,

the ethereal 0.10.9-11 package in the bindist used to be broken (in several ways). Hence I replaced it in stable by version 0.10.12, and somebody (I think drm) updated the bindist with a new .deb made from that version.

From this point on, whenever people mailed me about problems they had with ethereal, it usually was due to the 0.10.9-11 package being installed. So I just told them to run
  sudo apt-get update
  sudo apt-get install ethereal

and in almost all cases that worked perfectly!

However, recently it stopped working for them. They retain the old broken ethereal version. Is it possible that somehow the new .deb got pulled from the bindist again (maybe by accident) ?

Indeed, if I do the same steps as above, it downloads 0.10.9-11. What's going on here?!?

Unfortunately, DNS is no longer pointing at the correct copy of the bindist. (This is because we no longer control DNS for finkmirrors.net). The long-term fix is to change all of our URL's away from finkmirrors.net, which I am working on. I will attempt, as a short-term fix, to see if I can get the old copy of the bindist in sync with the newer copy.

  -- Dave