On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 08:29:31AM -0500, Benjamin Reed wrote:
> The variants are causing double-dependencies of (at the very least)
> libbonobo2 and it's freaking fink out:
>
> Failed: Internal error: node for libbonobo2-dev already exists
>
> The problem is that if you end up with -gnome2-gnomevfs2, you have
> libbonobo2-dev (and -shlibs) in the Depends line twice.

Sounds like dep engine should remove duplicates after resolving the
candidate list for the Depends.

> I think the only solution is to do what I ended up having to do for
> amarok -- that is, not having 2 booleans, but instead making the variant
> line:
>
> Type: bluefish (-gnome2 -gnomevfs2 -gnome2-gnomevfs2)
>
> ...and then doing deps depending on each of those.  :(

That removes the vanilla "bluefish" package. If you want it (i.e., all
4 combinations of the old booleans, something amarok did not want), do

Type: bluefish (. -gnome2 -gnomevfs2 -gnome2-gnomevfs2)

Yuck. Consider the current

 (%type_raw[-gnomevfs2] = -gnomevfs2) foo, (%type_raw[-gnome2] = -gnome2) foo

There's no logical OR, because %type_* are strings and conditionals
use string comparisons, there is AND, so you can simulate it:

 (%type_raw[-gnomevfs2]%type_raw[-gnome2] != ..) foo

Or even simpler (though perhaps more cryptic because it uses a rarely-
used syntax):

 (%type_pkg[-gnomevfs2]%type_pkg[-gnome2]) foo

dan

--
Daniel Macks
[EMAIL PROTECTED]