Jack Howarth wrote:
Martin,
    Here I get...

ftp ftp://ftp.mol.biol.ethz.ch/software/MOLMOL/unix-gzip
[]
229 Entering Extended Passive Mode (|||9863|)
500 Bad EPRT protocol.
421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection.

...so it hangs before I can even type dir. This is with a Time Warner
cable connection attached to a WRTG54 wireless router.

If you put a "/" at the end of the URL, it behaves somewhat differently.

If a given ftp
site proves to be problematic is it possible to set...

ProxyPassiveFTP: false

at the level of the info script itself (for just that package)?

I am not sure, But I don't think it is possible.