On Fri, 7 Apr 2006, Benjamin Reed wrote:

David R. Morrison wrote:

The only thing I can imagine here is that there is something tricky
about creating the file /usr/X11R6/bin/fc-cache.  Apple succeeded in
creating a working one for their X11, I'm guessing, but the file that's
created by either building xfree86 or xorg using fink doesn't work.

If anybody has any ideas which might help track this problem down,
please advise.

Hisashi, I haven't had a chance to try messing with the fonts you gave
me, but I still suspect it's an issue with a certain set of fonts that
x.org's fc-cache can't cope with.

I'll see if I can find the time to do so soon (although I've got
relatives in town, so I may or may not have the chance to look at it for
a bit.)

Heh. Well, like I said, if you compile EVERYTHING from scratch, those
problems go away. Plus problems I was having with dia, gvim, xclock, and
maybe something else.

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - [EMAIL PROTECTED]