Martin,
    You should be able to run the testsuite on your exp build of gcc
if you have the dejagnu package installed from fink and just...

cd gcc4-4.1.0-20060506/darwin_objdir/gcc
make check-fortran

Have you tried the current gcc 4.1 branch to see if it works on Intel?
I normally just do the following to create daily snaphots of the 4.1
branch...

svn co svn://gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/branches/gcc-4_1-branch gcc
mv gcc gcc4-4.1.0-20060506
tar --exclude=.svn -jcvf gcc4-4.1.0-20060506.tar.bz2 gcc4-4.1.0-20060506
mv gcc4-4.1.0-20060506 gcc

The gfortran developers are really quite responsive if you point out
specific problems to them with simple test cases.
         Jack
ps I wouldn't be too surprised is the gcc 4.2 snapshots are often broken.
It would be far better to nudge them to move the required MacIntel fixes
into the 4.1 branch instead.