On May 14, 2006, at 12:32 PM, William Scott wrote:

I have a vague recollection that this was discussed before but couldn't find it in the archives. Sorry.

Is there a way I can do a conditional test in the BuildDepends field, so that I can have the package depend on dependency A on ppc and dependency B on i386?

BuildDepends: (%m = "powerpc") foo, (%m = "i386") bar, bas

The on ppc you have a builddepends on foo and bas, and on intel its on bar and bas.

You must repeat the parenthesized phrase for each item it applies to: it is only in effect until the next comma (or end of line).

  -- Dave