(whoops, resending from my subscribed address)

I've been told by a couple of people who should know that
DYLD_FORCE_FLAT_NAMESPACE is not necessary in Tiger. Based on that
information I've updated my experimental fakeroot port. But I can't
seem to get it to function unless I force flat namespace. I'd be
grateful for a second opinion on what might be happening. I've put my
port in experimental/bcully/fakeroot.*. To test, try building
fakeroot, then running "fakeroot". You should get a subshell that
isn't fooled into thinking it's running as root. Exit that shell and
try running

DYLD_FORCE_FLAT_NAMESPACE=1 fakeroot

and you'll get a shell that thinks it IS running as root.

Anyone know what's going on here?

Thanks,

-b