I tried compiling g-wrap 1.9.6 outside of fink, and it worked. I
modified the 1.3.4 .info file to use with 1.9.6, and that worked, too
-- but I'm sure I had errors in the splitoff setup. So I've gone
through the packaging manual a bit, and I have some questions:

1.9.6 supplies libffi if configure can't find ffi.h. Do I  use a
Provides: field for that, or just treat it as an internal library (no
mention of libffi in fink, possibly because the redhat pages indicate
that it is maintained in gcc now...)?

Many, but not all, of the packages in the 10.4 tree have revisions
starting at 1000. Since g-wrap 1.9.6 has not been available in Fink
before, do I start at 1 or 1000?

Do .a files appear in the %N-shlibs Files: field?

Is it true that by virtue of .so files being modules instead of
libraries, that .so files should not appear in the Shlibs: field?
Seems hard to do anyway, since there is no compatibility version
information associated with otools -L on a .so.

I'm working in the 10.4 tree, and don't know much about the
relationships between the trees from a packaging standpoint. Should I
go ahead and submit my .info file for the 10.4 tree?

Thanks.
--
David Reiser