I just checked my /sw/bin/* files and found that several specify
#!/sw/bin/perl as their interpretter but their packages do not specify
any Depends:perlXXX. That's bad.

This situation often results from a ./configure detecting "first
'perl' in $PATH" when a perlXXX package happens to be installed. The
usual solution is to force /usr/bin/perl to be "found" by ./configure
even if /sw/bin/perl happens to exist. The exact way to do that
depends on the specific configure script.

I have patched the following packages to fix this problem:

  docbook-utils
  groff
  gtk-doc
  jgroff
  patchutils
  xscreensaver

in unstable of 10.3, 10.4-transitional, and 10.4.

dan

--
Daniel Macks
[EMAIL PROTECTED]