On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 08:53:16PM -0700, Trevor Harmon wrote:
> I'm working on a package for uni2ascii, but I got stuck and was
> hoping someone could help me. I'm totally baffled because I can't
> reproduce the linker error that occurs when Fink tries to build the
> package, even when I enter the same commands that Fink executes.
>
> It seems that a certain object file (putu8) is not being compiled
> when Fink runs make. And yet the putu8 file is compiled when I try to
> build the package the same way that Fink does.
>
> I've attached the .info file I created. Thanks for any suggestions,

WorksForMe(tm), but I have a single-processor machine so I have fewer
problems like that. Some packages have trouble with multithreading,
resulting in trying to link against a compiled object before that
object gets compiled. One standard solution (thanks RangerRick!) seems
to be adding:
  NoSetMAKEFLAGS: true
  SetMAKEFLAGS: -j1
to the .info.

Okay, actually it doesn't *really* work for me, I had to add
  SetLDFLAGS: -lintl
otherwise linking fails:

gcc -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/local/share/locale\" -g -O2  -L/sw/lib -o uni2ascii
Get_UTF32_From_UTF8.o uni2ascii.o enttbl.o endian.o
ld: warning prebinding disabled because of undefined symbols
ld: Undefined symbols:
_libintl_bindtextdomain
_libintl_gettext
_libintl_textdomain
(and you can also see a non-finkified pathname there) because the
author is hacking instead of using the standard gettext item in
configure.in:) And also need to 'make install DESTDIR=%d', or
*something* other than the default 'make install prefix=%i', in order
to prevent the manpages being installed directly into %p.

dan

--
Daniel Macks
[EMAIL PROTECTED]