That shouldn't be too hard. Very recent versions of both build fine
for me out of tree with no patches. The one wrench in the works is if
you depend on ofx. The current libofx will work with gnucash 2.x for
importing ofx files. Aqbanking has added the capability to use
ofxdirectconnect to download ofx data streams directly into gnucash.
(No payments can be initiated from within gnucash via ofx, though).
The current version of Aqbanking requires a version of libofx that is
newer than the latest tarball, which is over a year old.

I'll check what happens if one tries to build aqbanking with the old
libofx (I think aqbanking then just leaves out the newer ofx
capabilities -- leaving the standard import function in gnucash
available). That shouldn't impact hbci users in Europe, though. There
was supposed to be a new release of libofx by now, but it is still
pending...

I won't be able to test aqbanking and gwenhywfar on an Intel Mac, but
if I get the info files working, I'll send them up for someone else
to test.

If you are the impatient sort, you might want to make sure you have
qt3 installed -- aqbanking uses it for the setup interface for bank
account connections. As I recall, it takes longer to build qt3 than
it does to build gnucash itself.

Dave

--
David Reiser