As everybody knows, dealing with Apple's X11 is a sticky problem.
I've got a couple of packages in my experimental tree:

http://fink.cvs.sourceforge.net/fink/experimental/alexkhansen/10.4/finkinfo/x11-system/

that extract the contents of X11User and X11SDK and make .debs out of
them (the former also generates a -shlibs splitoff).  They're
Restrictive, of course.

Right now I've verified that the packages do indeed only work with
proper versions of the User and SDK packages (Tiger, PowerPC), and
that it can cleanly replace a pre-existing fink X package.

However, when I had the "non-overwrite" stuff (checking for a manually
installed X11 distro) in place, I wasn't able to remove my
Fink-installed X package because that got triggered first.  I'm
probably just missing something silly.  If anybody can take a look and
see what I missed, that'd be great.

Also, could someone on an Intel box (on Tiger) verify the versions of
X11User.pkg and X11SDK.pkg?  If they're not the same as on PowerPC
I'll want to add that.

Thanks!
--
Alexander K. Hansen