Hi,

I am in process of compiling a source package that needs Qt and OpenGL
libraries to install all programs. My
configurations are Powerbook G4, MacOS X 10.4.3, latest Developer tools and
Xcode 2.2. In addition I have
installed opengl / qt3 & qt-dev (X11 version) via fink and my .bashrc sets the
environment for the fink qt.
Lately I have installed QtMac3.3.5 and MacQt 4.0.1 from Trolltech (ATG
website). I have tried compiling the
source with gcc 3.3 using qt3 from fink and get no error messages during
compilation whatsoever.  All
programs are installed but upon execution I get following message for those
programs which need Qt or
OpenGL (the other programs are fine):

dyld: Symbol not found: __ZN12QPaintDevice10setX11DataEPK19QPaintDeviceX11Data
  Referenced from:
/Applications/Xmipp09/lib/libXmippGraphics_darwin8.3.0.0.dylib
  Expected in: flat namespace

It seems that upon building the new libraries it misses the QtOpenGL framework
or similar. I have tried gcc-4
compilation with the same combination, but in this case I get and error message
already during compilation,
e.g.:

/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
typeinfo for QPtrCollection
typeinfo for QWidget
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[4]: *** [xmask] Error 1
make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Using qt-directory from developer tools throughout ends up in the same error
message.

Has anybody expirienced similar thing and knows a workaround or fix? It is very
much appreciated.

Kirstin