On 1/13/06, Murali Vadivelu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I understand that developers are very busy people. However, I do not
> understand why something (below) has not been included/ accepted to
> be in Fink even after all the issues have been resolved!

A primary answer is that the tracker system is pretty cumbersome to
use.  Somebody with commits access actually has to go and download the
package description files and put them on their machine in order to
commit the files--we don't have a button that automatically uploads
them from the tracker.  It's the same reason that testing has a high
latency, too.

My understanding is that we're trying to get a dedicated machine to
which maintainers can commit their package description files, and
which will run an auto-build script to build everything from a clean
Fink.  We don't have it yet, though.

--
Alexander K. Hansen
Fink Documenter