Daniel Macks wrote:
The various SourceForge's "download" mechanisms are only for accessing
things published with the File Release System, not for CVS stuff.
There is a web interface for browsing the CVS archive, so you could
figure out the URLs there. Or I think you can download (via an http://
URL) a single tarball that contains the whole CVS archive if you
really want it.

What's the real goal here?

Michele had a few packages in his experimental tree that he needed to test on a dual G5. I have one at work and wanted to test the packages without travelling to the office.

 I think there's a way to proxy cvs via http
if there is a firewall issue. Or you could use CVS on one machine to
access the exp/ and then ftp or scp it to your fink machine. Or is the
issue just "how do I map my local/main to exp/?"?

dan

Over an ssh connection, I was able cd to my local/main/finkinfo directory and use wget in this format: sudo wget http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/fink/experimental/michga/mozilla.info

I didn't browse far enough in the wget docs, but I intend to go back and see if there's an option to specify the destination directory so I can do it without changing directories (I'll bet there is).

If there's a way to "activate the experimental tree" using fink.conf (possibly what you meant by mapping local/main to exp/ --?) or some such, that might be neat.

Thanks,
Robert