On Jan 15, 2006, at 10:02 PM, Michèle Garoche wrote:

Le 16 janv. 2006 à 00:06, David R. Morrison a écrit :

I intend to declare a CVS freeze for both 10.4-transitional/ unstable and 10.4-transitional/stable, sometime within the next week. Once the freeze is implemented, it will be in effect for at least several days, possibly longer, as I construct the 10.4 tree. Anyone who ignores the freeze can rest assured that their changes won't make it to the 10.4 tree and they will have to redo them later!

Prior to the freeze, I will declare a "CVS chill". During the chill, I request that everyone keep changes in packages with GCC tags to a minimum. Please do not update to a new version or things like that, but feel free to fix bugs (including the bug of whether the package has a GCC tag or not, if that is incorrect).

The CVS chill will happen in a day or two. I would prefer to declare it immediately, but I want to give people a bit of advance notice.

Many of those who maintain a package with a GCC tag will get an email from me proposing various kinds of changes to the package, during the period of the chill and/or the freeze. You'll make the job of constructing the 10.4 tree much easier if you will respond promptly to such messages.
Are changes to the doc ok meanwhile? (I mean do I have time to translate what is not already translated or maybe just part of it?)

Changes to the docs are fine at any time. I will not be freezing that part of CVS.

  -- Dave