Jack Howarth wrote:
Martin,
   The fact that removing libjpeg and giflib and/or libungif fixes the
problem with launching help from Sparky doesn't make much sense to me.
The standalone application version of Sparky from their web site doesn't
have this problem. Why shouldn't it suffer the same breakage in the
presence of fink as the fink built one? The only difference I can see
is that the Sparky.app version uses the following script to launch sparky...

The wrapper script in your sparky-py24 package sets

setenv TCLTK_LIB                /sw/lib
setenv DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH        $TCLTK_LIB

This is the reason for the breakage. It is also unnecessary.
The wrapper script in Sparky.app doesn't do this.

--
artin