On Mar 2, 2006, at 7:45 PM, Daniel Johnson wrote:

On Feb 28, 2006, at 8:34 PM, Benjamin Reed wrote:

Daniel Johnson wrote:

I see what needs to be done to get 0.8.12 to build, but it requires a lot of patching which I don't really feel like doing right now. :) Of course, if the dependency can be safely changed to gstreamer-0.10, that
would also work.

And gstreamer-0.10 just built.

The API changed rather drastically between 0.8 and 0.10, it's extremely
unlikely you can just switch the dep and have it work, you'll have to
port the software, or wait for the software to be ported to the 0.10
framework.

Also be aware that the osx audio and video plugins for gstreamer haven't
been ported to 0.10 yet, so you'll have to go through esound or
something else if there is something, to get audio at all from gstreamer
0.10.

Oh well, back to 0.8.12.

Heh, that was a lot easier then I thought! Here's the patch to enable building on Intel:

I just looked at your patch. It looks like if you fix configure to detect that there is indeed an x86 processor, the Makefile.in will be correct.

- [EMAIL PROTECTED]@GSTARCH_SRCS =
- [EMAIL PROTECTED]@GSTARCH_SRCS = gstgetbits_i386.s
+GSTARCH_SRCS =
+#GSTARCH_SRCS = gstgetbits_i386.s

These lines will be correct if configure detects the correct processor. if HAVE_CPU_I386_TRUE is set, it will be active in the Makefile. If it is unset, that line will be commented out in the Makefile. What you did isn't wrong, but if you fix configure you can send the patch upstream and not need any patch then.

- -chris zubrzycki
- - --
PGP public key: http://homepage.mac.com/beren/publickey.txt
ID: 0xA2ABC070
Fingerprint: 26B0 BA6B A409 FA83 42B3  1688 FBF9 8232 A2AB C070
Everyone who comes in here wants three things:
        (1) They want it quick.
        (2) They want it good.
        (3) They want it cheap.
I tell 'em to pick two and call me back.
                -- sign on the back wall of a small printing company