William Scott wrote:
>>> Package manager version: 0.24.26
>>> Distribution version: 0.8.1.cvs powerpc
>> You don't say what version you use on your intel machine.
>
> sorry it is
> % fink --version
> Package manager version: 0.24.99.cvs
> Distribution version: 0.8.1.cvs

OK, so it is from cvs. Unfortunately, fink --version then always says
0.24.99, but it can be anything compiled from cvs in the last two years.

>> The renaming from /sw/var/db/fink.db to /sw/var/lib/fink/fink.db (which
>> later
>> moved on to /sw/var/lib/fink/index.db plus other stuff in
>> /sw/var/lib/fink/finkinfodb/) happened in Fink HEAD sometime in early 2005.
>> The 0.24 release branch broke off some time before this.
>>

> Is there one file I can use as a watchpath for changes that persists in
> all of these?

I have no idea how such a LaunchAgent works, if it is possible to watch
several files. Anyhow, for any given version of fink, I think between
the three *.db files I mentioned above, you will find one that will do
the trick (until the next rewrite of Package.pm).