On Fri, October 6, 2006 11:20 am, Charles Lepple wrote:
> On 10/6/06, Daniel Macks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 09:27:19AM -0400, Charles Lepple wrote:
>> > I invite someone with better knowledge of this switch to correct me,
>> > but this is where I would use "--build-as-nobody". That way, you
>> > should get errors when the install process tries to write outside of
>> > %i (/sw/src/fink.build/root-*), such as directly in /sw.
>>
>> Yup...that's exactly why we have that flag.
>
> Are there any caveats, though? Wasn't there a warning somwhere about
> this switch not producing working binary packages? (It works for me,
> but my packages haven't done anything complicated with permissions.)
>
> --
> - Charles Lepple

That's the only one I know of(other than some packages not being happy
about building that way for other reasons than installing files
illicitly).  Once the package has been established to be compliant it's
easy to do a build without the flag to make sure that all of the binaries
are happy (if the package is gigantic and you're on a slow computer this
may not be -fun-, but it's not -hard- :-) ).

--
Alexander K. Hansen
(akh)