On 10/18/06, José H.  Espinosa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to use gcc-4 as the compiler to build a package.  I try to use
> "sudo gcc_select 4.x" but it do not work.
>
> What is the standard way to set up the a fink provided version as the
> default compiler?
>
> Thanks,
> Jose

So this is a Fink-installed gcc4 (from the gcc4 package) rather than from Xcode?

If this is a Fink gcc4 rather than Apple's then the gcc_select script
won't know about it.

You could just do it the same way that the script does: /usr/bin/gcc
is a symbolic link, and you can make it point to your gcc4

However, I wouldn't recommend setting it as a default compiler for
Fink builds, because Fink's packages are set up to build with the
compilers from the Xcode Tools.
--
Alexander K. Hansen
Fink Documenter (still)