I've posted new gcc42 packaging to the fink
tracking system. This version now conflicts with
gcc4 (while co-existing with gcc4-shlibs). The
package uses the latest snapshot and now provides
symlinks for the info and man pages (renamed as
required). I think it is a reasonable state for
entry into fink 10.4 unstable. I would rather
wait for a few weeks for fink to be adjusted to
provide a method to set the ppc64 and x86_64
file locations (for the shared lib split) rather
than hack two versions (Intel and PPC). The
current state should be fine for unstable until
then. Also I am still trying to get my multilib
fixes into gcc trunk and gcc 4.2 branch. The
individual language and architecture maintainers
have approved them but I am having trouble getting
someone with global commit rights to review them
as well. This would be helpful since it will
eliminate most of the config related regenerations.
                  Jack
ps The only thing I am still puzzling over is
whether I should attempt to patch the .la files
(which have paths to the build directory... a
known gcc bug) or just delete them from the
packaged files.