On Nov 30, 2006, at 12:18 PM, Chris Zubrzycki wrote:

> On Nov 30, 2006, at 12:55 PM, David R. Morrison wrote:
>

>> On Nov 30, 2006, at 9:47 AM, David R. Morrison wrote:
>>

>>> We could have %type_bit[-64bit] which strips off leading '-' if
>>> present, trailing 'bit' if present, and chucks out the rest -- this
>>> would work for both.  But I don't like that too well, and am very
>>> open to suggestions.
>>
>> Maybe better: %type_number[-64bit], which removes every non-numeric
>> character from its argument.
>
> We need the full arch, no? ppc64 != intel 64 != next 64bit chip
> they use...

Well, for keeping track of the Shlibs, we don't need to store that
information, since we are not building any cross-platform binaries or
libs.  That is, building something 'fat' in fink means making a
library that is both 32 and 64 bit, but only on one platform at a time.

(My previous proposal about a %lib percent expansion whose value
depends on the architecture, will help sort out whether the libraries
are getting installed in /sw/lib/ppc64 or /sw/lib/x86_64.)

   -- Dave