I'll say at the outset that this was my fault:  when I evaluated these
packages on the tracker I glossed over the presence of headers plus
public dylibs in qwt and qwtplot3d which aren't placed in -shlibs
splitoffs.  The validator didn't see the problem either, because the
libs and headers from these packages are located in a subdirectory.
These should be refactored to include -shlibs splitoffs and a Shlibs:
field.

Currently, the only package that would be affected by changing
qwtplot3d are labplot (and its -shlibs).  qwt doesn't have any
packages currently in the distro that depend on it.

I've made up modfied .info files for qwt, qwtplot3d, and labplot.
They're accessible under experimental/alexkhansen/3rdparty in the Fink
CVS tree and

http://fink.cvs.sourceforge.net/fink/experimental/alexkhansen/3rdparty/

via the web.

The changes were minimal--I just formed the -shlibs splitoffs for qwt
and qwtplot3d, made sure that the base packages depend on their
-shlibs, and modified labplot and labplot-shlibs to Depend on
qwtplot3d-shlibs and to BuildDepend on qwtplot3d.

Any feedback will be appreciated.  And sorry again for the noncompliance.
--
Alexander K. Hansen
(akh)