The problem with diffs is that I believe he ships binary files
that change as well. Even without handling the binary changes,
the diff between 0.99r6 and 0.99r8 is around 3.5 mb. Also
the diff approach would soon get out of hand where the patch
would exceed the size of the source tree at some point.
Warren has indicated he believes the svn exists for those
who actively participate in pymol development which I take
to be an extremely draconian interpretation of the open
source philosophy. I have suggested he would be better off
concentrating on adding value to his support (by making the
missing pymol manual a support-contract only item). I
don't think any company has ever successfully straddled
this issue. Either you are open source or you're not.
                   Jack